NEW A-Pay from ASSERTUS | Electronic payment integration with ProClaim
- Accept credit card payments (Visa, Master Card, Discover, Diner Club; No AmEx)
- Integrated to the ProClaim billing and collection process
- Transaction processed through your office’s Internet
- No telephone line required
- System automatically stores copy of receipt signed by patient
- Payment totals, with cards and other forms of payment, are identified in the daily balance generated by ProClaim
- Avoid double entry of data and other related errors
- Multi-user access (authorized users only)
- Topaz Signatue Pad (Model: TM-LBK460-HSB-R) with pertaining screen and magnetic card reader (as shown above)
Signed contract with processing company, PayTech Inc., is required (charge per transaction applicable). Client can acquire Topaz Signature Pad on his/her own, or through ASSERTUS (charge applicable for renting Topaz Signature Pad)
Assertus helps you comply with ‘Ley 42’
“Ley 42” as amended, establishes that at least one payment method offered to the patient has to be electronic. In complying with this law, ProClaim now counts with the capacity of processing credit card payments for the collection of deductibles or private charges, without the need for a Point of Sale (POS).
It is mandated that every person who renders a service for which a license or legal authorization is required, provides at least two payment method alternatives to their clients. This includes debit or credit cards, cash, checks, certified checks, money order, electronic transfer of funds, payment via internet, or direct payment. At least one of the two alternatives must be one of the following; debit or credit card, electronic transfer of funds, payment via internet, or direct payment.
The mandate additionally establishes penalties for violating this law. It indicates that for a less serious violation and a resulting conviction, a person can be receive a fine of no less than $500 and no more than $3,000. As established by new legal regulations, subsequent violations will be punished with a fine of no less than $5,000 and no more than $10,000.
Hacienda de Puerto Rico | Alternativas de pagos a sus Clientes
CARBONELL & CO., LLP | Enmiendas a la Ley para Proveer al Menos Dos Alternativas de Pago a Sus Clientes
Additionally, Law 42-2015 decrees that the Service provider must place a visible and legible sign detailing every method of payment available. In the case where service providers don’t offer their services from a physical establishment, such providers are responsible for informing their clients, verbally or through writing, of this law’s mandates and available payment methods.
Error: Contact form not found.